Nuestra Senora de la Asuncion
- Destination: Baracoa
- Open: Daily
- Address: Baracoa City. Cuba
This historic church was built in 1833 on the site of an older church. It houses the famous Parra Cross, which is believed to be the only material evidence of Christopher Columbus arriving here in 1492.
Nuestra Senora de la Asuncion map
- To view all Churches and Convents in Baracoa then click here .
- To view all Churches and Convents in Cuba then click here .
- Car Rental offices next to Nuestra Senora de la Asuncion Churches and Convents
Car Rental office Aeropuerto Baracoa
021641665 1km 421m
- Restaurants next to Nuestra Senora de la Asuncion Churches and Convents
Hotel El Castillo. Baracoa. Guantanamo
Carretera a Santa Rosa, Mabujabo. Baracoa, Cuba
(5321) 645372 3km 623m
- Nuestra Senora de la Asuncion is located in Baracoa
Baracoa, located in the easternmost part of Cuba, has become one of the top tourist attractions in Guantanamo Province. Baracoa's verdant mountains and the many rivers and streams which come rushing down to the sea here form an enticing natural setting to which historic and cultural elements contribute their own attractions.
Coconut and cacao plantations are plentiful near Baracoa, but it has some unique attractions, too. For example, there's the Parra Cross, which Christopher Columbus brought to shore here in 1492-one of the 29 he left in Spanish America.
Alejandro de Humboldt National Park (in the Cuchillas del Toa Preserve of the Biosphere); Alemanes Pass, the Yumuri River Valley, Boma and Mata Bays and the view from the natural terraces in La Maquina Municipality offer you scenery that will make your vacation truly memorable.